Jerry Maginnis | Chair & Board Member
CPA, Retired Partner of KPMG, Author, & Active Board Member
Chair of our advisory board, Jerry is a seasoned executive with broad and deep experience in leadership roles. Some of those roles have included:
- Serving as the Office Managing Partner for KPMG’s Philadelphia office for eight years.
- Leading the KPMG Pennsylvania Audit practice for five years.
- Guiding various teams as a board member aside from Centri. (Including the Cohen and Steers Mutual Funds, inTEST Corporation and the Rowan University Accounting Advisory Board.)
- Acting as a past president of the Pennsylvania Institute of certified public accountants.
He’s also the author of the book Advice for a Successful Career in the Accounting Profession, which was published by Wiley and released nationwide in 2021.
Jerry graduated from St. Joseph’s University with a B.S. in accounting and is a certified public accountant licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Candy Duncan | Board Member
CPA, Retired Partner of KPMG, & Active Board Member
Serving as a member of our board, Candy provides keen insight from her diverse range of leadership experiences. Some of her past roles included:
- Serving as a managing partner for KPMG’s Washing D.C. metropolitan area, leading priorities in audit, tax, and advisory for the local marketplace.
- Acting as chair for the Nominating Committee and Partnership and Employer of Choice Committee at KPMG.
- Managing duties as Lead Partner for major international and U.S. companies such as Volkswagen, Continental Automotive, and Dollar Tree Stores.
- Supporting the community as a board and executive committee member of the Economic Club of Washington, Board of Trade.
Aside from supporting Centri, Candy is also an active officer of the World Affairs Council and a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors, International Women’s Forum, C200, and Women Corporate Directors.
Candy graduated from Kansas State University magna cum laude with a B.S. in business administration and is a certified public accountant licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
David Gathman | Board Member
Senior Finance & Operations Executive
David brings over 40 years of comprehensive experience with finance and operations disciplines to Centri’s advisory board. He’s a seasoned executive with the ability to act as a strategic partner to improve overall operations and results. Some of his key prior qualifications include:
- Serving for over 15 years as a public company CFO, with significant experience in both domestic and foreign operations.
- Guiding Initial Public Offerings (IPO) of three mid-sized companies.
- Building the accounting and finance functions from the base up for three organizations.
- Scaling finance, IT, HR, treasury, and investor and shareholder relation functions.
- Developing internal reporting metrics to use in evaluating operational and financial performance.
- Leading due diligence for over 40 mergers and acquisitions.
- Driving the selection process for a new ERP and financial information system.
- Facilitating back-office consolidations.
- Instituting cost-reduction programs to improve EBITA.
- Developing staff for three different businesses.
He also has a diverse background of serving on various boards before Centri. He’s served in different capacities for K Consulting, Inc., Prophet 21, Taratec Development Corporation, Neoware, Inc., and eResearch Technology, Inc.
David graduated from Lycoming College with a B.A. in accounting and was a certified public accountant licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. (No longer active.)
Steve Hobman | Board Member
General Partner at NewSpring Capital
Steve’s background in the financial industry adds a layer of keen insight into our advisory board. He also currently serves as the General Partner and Owner of NewSpring Capital, with a focus on NewSpring Mezzanine — a dedicated private credit strategy that provides capital to business owners to help them build growth. His prior experience included:
- Operating as the Managing Director of the Mid Atlantic North region for the Technology and Life Sciences Division of Comerica Bank.
- Serving as the Senior Vice President of specialized lending for Progress Bank.
- Operating as Vice President for Meridian Bank.
He also actively volunteers as Chairman of the Board for a non-profit organization, Bringing Hope Home.
Steve graduated from Franklin & Marshall College with a B.A. in economics and government. He also holds an M.B.A. for small business management from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
Christopher Lee | Board Member
Ph.D., SPHR, Retired CHRO of William & Mary & Author
As an advisory board member, Christopher brings high-level expertise from his experiences as a Managing Director and Executive Search Consultant. He is currently active as the Managing Director of Storbeck Search where he acts as a search consultant, executive recruiter, search committee, and diversity trainer. Christopher also teaches as an Adjunct Professor of HR Management at the University of Richmond.
Some of his other notable past experiences include:
- Serving as the Chief Human Resources Officer of William & Mary.
- Acting as the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resource Services at Virginia’s Community College System.
- Leading as the Director of Human Resources at Bates College.
- Serving as a Lieutenant Colonel for the US Marine Corps Reserve
As a published author, lecturer, and researcher, he has an active presence in his industry.
Christopher graduated from Auburn University with a B.A. in political science. He later went on to achieve an M.S. in human resource management from Golden Gate University and a Ph.D. in human resource development from Georgia State University.